Who said you can't wear natural hair to a formal event?
You can achieve this look in 7 simple steps!
First, let's look at everything you will need. I will show you what I personally used.
Wide Tooth Comb
Or, Denman Brush
Moisturizing Shampoo & Conditioner
Leave- In Conditioner
Shea Moisture's Curl Enhancing Cream (optional)
*Or, TGIN Butter Cream (optional)
Alright, let's get started!
1. Section freshly washed and deep conditioned hair into 4-8 sections depending on the length, density of you hair and how big you want your hair to be.
2. Apply a moisturizing leave in conditioner.
3. Apply an oil to each section. ( I use jojoba, coconut or avocado oil)
4. Add a daily moisturizing butter for the extra moisture and to seal your hair (*skip step 4 if your hair doesn't need a heavy butter to seal.)
*You can seal with an oil or butter it truly depends on what works best for your hair. For some, the extra butter can
weigh the hair down.
Tip: Use a curl enhancer and only apply a small amount to each section to reduce product weighing the hair
down, if you have this problem.
5. Braid each section at a time after moisturizing.
Tip: You can choose to twist. I choose to braid because it elongates my curls.
6. Air-Dry Hair !
Tip: It is very important to ensure hair is fully dry before unraveling braids/twists. If you are in a rush sit under a
dryer or use a hand held dryer to speed up the drying time.
7. Unravel each section and style!